Got these a few years ago now. From a UK Military supplies site.  Magnum Classics. Used in the SG1 TV show. Think they used others too.. 

If anyone knows anymore boots used..please  post. SG-23TL 

DSC_1168.JPG

• Like 1

Magnum response boots were used as well. I know of someone that counted at least 8 different types worn on Atlantis. I wore Hi-Tecs for a bit but most of these tactical boots kind of look the same with the leather and mesh. I do believe Danner was used as well.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Eric Voiers said:

Magnum response boots were used as well. I know of someone that counted at least 8 different types worn on Atlantis. I wore Hi-Tecs for a bit but most of these tactical boots kind of look the same with the leather and mesh. I do believe Danner was used as well.

response too.. cool. 8 on atlantis!..no way did not know that.. think my fist sg boots were something like hi-tecs.. or such. some of these boots do look the same

16 hours ago, Eric Voiers said:

Magnum bought the HI-Techs thats why they looked the same you will find old Magnums with HIGH-TECH soles...

Many boots where used especially on Atlantis... Merrell, Lowe, both amazing quality worn them for years daily, but not always cheap the Merrell's run $100+ and Lowe are over $200 now at places like REI....

Also used Magnums, Harley Davidson (Vala and Wraith), Sheppards Danners... Then the SPEED 8 from 5.11 for Universe the first batch of these were great boots the Speed 8 that added the zipper are junk in my eyes, so uncomfortable they are about worthless!

The Magnum Classics are good boots but I do not feel as comfortable as the old Response... Carter and Vala also wore LADY MAGNUMS, need to do video on boots

Part Numbers to look for are 5270 think was woman's if I reall, 5280 in men's...

Stealth 5269

Stealth II 8959

Response 2 5289

Ladys Mags 1159W (High Techs)

604000_ml.jpg

Classic.JPG

ClassicOLD.jpg

LOWARenegade GTX.jpg

SheppardBoots.jpg

LOWARenegade GTX new.jpgStealth.jpg

SGU5.11Speed8_Boots12115.jpg

Edited by StitchsLoft
  • Like 2

The Sheppard Danner's Fort Lewis 10" Boots retail around $350-400, but ebay hunts can score you pair at time around $80-120.00 for really good used pair!

https://www.danner.com/fort-lewis-10-black.html?currency=USD&gclid=CjwKCAjwza_mBRBTEiwASDWVvtcfVozm5DNoGy74pXLdthSXBbBIvZYi3L12uUA4DzYL1Kp_8M8anxoChjgQAvD_BwE

I love mine have used them for years in winter time, riding my motorcycle and costuming. They pretty much one best boots made on the planet!

Danners2.jpgSGA303-0014.jpg

0502191800_Small.jpg0422181850Small.jpg

Edited by StitchsLoft
  • Like 1

The Holy Grail really is the Harley Davidson SIDELIGHT P/N 91867 took years to identify for Vala because they been discontinued! But she also wore Lady Magnums like I mentioned above! You can find them on eBay and places like POSHMARK if you hunt, but finding your size can be challenge... I was able get pair after about 6 months hunting in my size 11, sole did come off after time but clamps and some shoe goo they were good as new!

Was not till buddy mine had pair for his Batman Costume and I was able read the tags and see what it was, then was just searching to find a few pairs!

These were used often for WRAITH and JAFF often for the "base" boot with added covers and tops...

HARLEY_SIDELIGHTS.jpgSGC.jpg

ValaBootaSmall.jpg

Edited by StitchsLoft
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, StitchsLoft said:

The Sheppard Danner's Fort Lewis 10" Boots retail around $350-400, but ebay hunts can score you pair at time around $80-120.00 for really good used pair!

https://www.danner.com/fort-lewis-10-black.html?currency=USD&gclid=CjwKCAjwza_mBRBTEiwASDWVvtcfVozm5DNoGy74pXLdthSXBbBIvZYi3L12uUA4DzYL1Kp_8M8anxoChjgQAvD_BwE

I love mine have used them for years in winter time, riding my motorcycle and costuming. They pretty much one best boots made on the planet!

Danners2.jpgSGA303-0014.jpg

0502191800_Small.jpg0422181850Small.jpg

I think I used to have a pair of insulated version of those, had them for years until I got rid of them because I had no use for winter/cold weather boots.

45 minutes ago, StitchsLoft said:

The Magnum Classics are good boots but I do not feel as comfortable as the old Response... Carter and Vala also wore LADY MAGNUMS, need to do video on boots

I have a pair of Magnums, not sure if they're Classics or not but I find that they're not that comfortable compared to all of the other boots I own. I also really dislike the fact that they don't have speed laces on them, it makes it so much more time consuming to put them on and take them off when you don't have speed laces.

• Like 1

Just now, Riceball said:

I think I used to have a pair of insulated version of those, had them for years until I got rid of them because I had no use for winter/cold weather boots.

Those are NOT cheap and worth some cash... The screen accurate ones are GRAY inside but they have Maroon colored version too, Mattahorn & Corcoran Men's 10" Waterproof Insulated Field Boot make a really close knock off, but not much cheaper! Most the Matterhorn's & Corcoran do not have the pull tab in the back of the boot though, I find them very useful when putting them on! 

1999matt_4007831.jpg

Boots1.JPG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Riceball said:

I have a pair of Magnums, not sure if they're Classics or not but I find that they're not that comfortable compared to all of the other boots I own. I also really dislike the fact that they don't have speed laces on them, it makes it so much more time consuming to put them on and take them off when you don't have speed laces.

I found some are better than others over the years the EARLY ones were not great for insoles, but they got better around the time peiord of the show, then took dive in quality then kinda came back so really depends on the boots and what you put in them for insoles really. LOVE my Danner's but they are super heavy, not great to walk around in ALL day, but you can stand in snow for hours and be good, but will put your costume suitcase over the airlines weight threshold in heartbeat. I often wear them on the plane if needed to save weight, TSA loves that! LOL

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 7:35 PM, Dan_Slack_SG23 said:

Got these a few years ago now. From a UK Military supplies site.  Magnum Classics. Used in the SG1 TV show. Think they used others too.. 

If anyone knows anymore boots used..please  post. SG-23TL 

DSC_1168.JPG

I used to wear magnum Classics on duty for 8-10 hours a day. Now I wear Bates boots which are very comfortable.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StitchsLoft said:

I often wear them on the plane if needed to save weight, TSA loves that! LOL

I've done that before too, my wife hates it because of the extra time it takes to put them back on. What I probably should do is just put them, but not lace them up again until I get to the terminal, but I hate walking around with unlaced boots on.

9 minutes ago, StitchsLoft said:

Those are NOT cheap and worth some cash... The screen accurate ones are GRAY inside but they have Maroon colored version too, Mattahorn & Corcoran Men's 10" Waterproof Insulated Field Boot make a really close knock off, but not much cheaper! Most the Matterhorn's & Corcoran do not have the pull tab in the back of the boot though, I find them very useful when putting them on! 

1999matt_4007831.jpg

Boots1.JPG

The red/maroon linered version was what I had. Good boots, but as I said before, living in SoCal I had no need for cold weather/winter boots since it never gets that cold in SoCal except in the mountains and I almost never go in the mountains during winter.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Eightball said:

I used to wear magnum Classics on duty for 8-10 hours a day. Now I wear Bates boots which are very comfortable.

cool. keep reading in this thread that these are not comfortable,, i find them comfy 🙂

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Eightball said:

Again depends on the year you got them from... Some are fine, some will kill you in few hours, after market insoles normally help a lot!

The stock ones break down over time as well...

Bates were great in early mid-90's but also took decline in quality not used them in long time maybe better again!

Edited by StitchsLoft

WELL!!!! I was watching Atlantis yesterday and noticed the Danner boots and thought to myself, "Those look like Ft. Lewis boots!'

I was stationed at Ft. Lewis and dug through my old gear and PRESTO WHAMMO!!!!! I found my old pair, needs some clean up but HEY!!!!!!

• Like 4

Just now, Eric Voiers said:

WELL!!!! I was watching Atlantis yesterday and noticed the Danner boots and thought to myself, "Those look like Ft. Lewis boots!'

I was stationed at Ft. Lewis and dug through my old gear and PRESTO WHAMMO!!!!! I found my old pair, needs some clean up but HEY!!!!!!

Only concern is the heat because they are insulated

15 hours ago, StitchsLoft said:

Again depends on the year you got them from... Some are fine, some will kill you in few hours, after market insoles normally help a lot!

The stock ones break down over time as well...

Bates were great in early mid-90's but also took decline in quality not used them in long time maybe better again!

My Magnum Classics would have been 1993 (ish).  My Bates boots although not I believe the expression is 'Cannon'. Are similar and far more comfortable to wear all day.

IMG_3053.JPG

IMG_3054.JPG

• Like 2

@Eightball The expression is actually canon, 1 N, like Church canon. To be cannon is a firearm chambered in at least 14mm or larger. Anyway, your Bates certainly do look close, the tread is obviously different but the rest of the boot looks a lot like a Magnum boot. But I don't think that matters much, it's certainly close enough and few people, if any, are going to be looking at your boots or even care that they may not be Magnums.

• Like 3

The MAGNUM CLASSIC is the NEW deign to mimic the old look... I just not think the quality is in them as the originals but that just my opinion...