Sign in to follow this  
Eric Voiers

Patch preferences

Curious on an overall consensus. Lets talk team patches.

I have seen them WITH the colored block behind the number like SG-1 and I have seen the darker ones with NO colored block( SG-3).

Which is it for other teams? I personally like the one with no colored block as the number is better shown. I know I can refer to the episodes by popping in some DVD's but figured I would ask here.

• Like 1

If I remember right, the only SG team that had the chevron behind the unit number was SG-1, the other teams had just the back background.

I honestly like the solid background more.

Here are some of the screen used patches from Propworx I snagged for reference.

H7j6tCA.jpg

• Like 2

Yuk!!! Looks like they had a WHOLE BUNCHES and BUNCHES of SG-1 patches and threw numbers over them to make different units...But then again most SG team patches were not given a close up like SG-1 was.

On 5/14/2019 at 6:39 PM, Eric Voiers said:

Yuk!!! Looks like they had a WHOLE BUNCHES and BUNCHES of SG-1 patches and threw numbers over them to make different units...But then again most SG team patches were not given a close up like SG-1 was.

That's exactly what they did, they took SG-1 (I think SG-2 as well) and simply glued on numbers embroidered onto black fabric over the original number. While technically canon, I feel that in universe they were all supposed to be like SG-1 & 2 and that's how most patch makers make as well. Personally, I don't count mistakes and production shortcuts as canon, otherwise we'd have to accept that in the USAF the rank of Sergeant Major is represented by the combination of the gold oak leaves of a Major and the chevrons of a Sgt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When you see the SG-25, you see they didn't even bother by the end of the show doing clean stuff anymore… SO saaad 😞

• Like 1