Sign in to follow this  
SG Merc

Atlantis "Whispers" Costume

Recently picked up Nicole de Boer's costume from Stargate Atlantis. This is from the all female unit in the episode Whispers. Great condition, with original mission patch and US flag. Jacket, tank top, and pants are all custom made, no BDUs. Very simple cut, but much more unique in my opinion than a set of black BDUs.

As an aside, I have been looking for Major Teldy's uniform for years if anyone has it (or any of the others from this episode) let me know.

costume.jpg

patch.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Riceball said:

Nice buy. Did you have to pay a lot for it?

Just a few hundred for this one.

• Haha 1

Hey nice work! Not sure if mine strayed from the standard template, but mine doesn't have pocked and the collar is integrated into the cut as one piece. I always figured they made these a little sleeker for the girls.

Well spotted on the Defying Gravity pieces. Didn't think anyone would notice those. Those suits are so nice. Great production quality.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SG Merc said:

Hey nice work! Not sure if mine strayed from the standard template, but mine doesn't have pocked and the collar is integrated into the cut as one piece. I always figured they made these a little sleeker for the girls.

Yeah, there were some slight différences between male and female versions as well as between seasons. For example, on the collar, some vrsions have a two pieces cut like mine, other a one piece cut, like your female version, or the striped jacket of Woolsey.

12 hours ago, SG Merc said:

Well spotted on the Defying Gravity pieces. Didn't think anyone would notice those. Those suits are so nice. Great production quality.

I loved that show. I have a prop ISO t-shirt at home, and would have killed for one of those flightsuits 😛

Or the space suit ^^

15 hours ago, Dr Rodnay said:

Yeah, there were some slight différences between male and female versions as well as between seasons. For example, on the collar, some vrsions have a two pieces cut like mine, other a one piece cut, like your female version, or the striped jacket of Woolsey.

Any indication why this was done? I wonder how many different patterns were made for all of these variants?

I loved that show. I have a prop ISO t-shirt at home, and would have killed for one of those flightsuits 😛

Or the space suit ^^

I only picked up one gravity suit when they were auctioned off, and regretted it since. Spent years looking for the rest of the ISO track suits and fightsuits, and finally got them. Let me know if you still want a flightsuit and I can hook you up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2019 at 5:30 AM, SG Merc said:

Any indication why this was done? I wonder how many different patterns were made for all of these variants?

Other than their will to change up everything every half-season or so ? 😄

I can count at least 8 different variations of this uniform (d'oh!): striped male s4, female stripe s4, striped male s5, black offworld male s5 (also available in charcoal grey for Beckett ^^), black offworld female s5. You can add the special paneled versions for female s5 guests made in black panels (the nice captain seen in 501 and later worn black offworld, that should have been more present in the season originially and then cut) and blue panel (you know, the "halucination" of Woolsey), that were based on the striped jacket. And of course the Universe jackets, male and female, so...

On 5/30/2019 at 5:30 AM, SG Merc said:

I only picked up one gravity suit when they were auctioned off, and regretted it since. Spent years looking for the rest of the ISO track suits and fightsuits, and finally got them. Let me know if you still want a flightsuit and I can hook you up.

That's very nice of you, but will not in my budget,  nor in my bying list, but I might ask you some photos if some day I want to make it 😉 Thx 😉

Other than their will to change up everything every half-season or so ? 😄

I can count at least 8 different variations of this uniform (d'oh!): striped male s4, female stripe s4, striped male s5, black offworld male s5 (also available in charcoal grey for Beckett ^^), black offworld female s5. You can add the special paneled versions for female s5 guests made in black panels (the nice captain seen in 501 and later worn black offworld, that should have been more present in the season originially and then cut) and blue panel (you know, the "halucination" of Woolsey), that were based on the striped jacket. And of course the Universe jackets, male and female, so...

Man... that's a lot of variants. From a storytelling perspective one has to ask the question: For an expedition stranded in another galaxy with limited resources, who the heck was sitting around the city designing and manufacturing new uniforms all the time? :classic_huh:

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 4:07 AM, SG Merc said:

Man... that's a lot of variants. From a storytelling perspective one has to ask the question: For an expedition stranded in another galaxy with limited resources, who the heck was sitting around the city designing and manufacturing new uniforms all the time? :classic_huh:

That's especially true when seeing variations during season 1 when they're stranded, waste of ressources XD

Or Athosian slavery 😛

Edited by Dr Rodnay
  • Haha 2

On 5/31/2019 at 7:07 PM, SG Merc said:

I always thought that maybe they had a deal with the Athosians(?), the SGC/Altantis folk provide the Athosians with tech, medecine, and protection from the Wraith and in turn, the Athosians provide new uniforms for them. 😃

• Like 2