For the longest time airsoft guns have been the go to for Stargate costuming but, depending on the make and model, they can pricey or, sometimes, hard to find. Well, I've found a couple of alternatives to airsoft along with some places to shop for these alternatives along with low priced airsofts.

The newest option out there are water guns coming out of Japan. There seems to be a new trend there now of releasing water guns (aka squirt guns) that are based on either guns from famous franchises (there's a replica of the pistols from Blade Runner and from Yamato aka Star Blazers) or from actual real steel firearms. A good site for these is Wish.com, there's quite a few different ones being sold including a white P90, but, sadly, it's the tri-rail version and not the standard red dot used by SG-1. But you can also find ARs, bolt action "sniper" rifles, an AUG, and I've seen an M249 SAW.

Another alternative, once again mainly for pistols, are air guns. There's actually a good number of licensed air gun replicas of popular real steel pistols. These pistols look just like the real thing and base on a couple that I've held, weight about the same too. I've seen these at Bass Pro Shops but they might be also available through Cabela's since they're essentially one and the same now. These, for the most part, are retailing for $50 - $60, with rifles going in to the low $100 range.

Both the water and air guns might be good alternatives for people who either can't find an airsoft version of their favorite pistol, or one at a price they're happy with, or just with the looks and feel. The water pistols are probably the most con safe and should pass security checks readily due to their weight. The air guns might be tougher to get past security depending on just how strict the con is, but not carrying any BBs/pellets and/or CO2 cartridges should help a lot.

• Like 2

Rem and I are working on RUBBER M9s & P90 first batch was tad too soft but they not too bad!

Plus I have some de-milled TMs that are ready to go as well!

Edited by StitchsLoft
  • Like 2