Sign in to follow this  
mate

Boots and cap Greer's uniform

Hello

I'll have two questions about Greer's USGI uniform

What is the shoes boots brand and model?
What is the brand and model of the black cap?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1566315184-boots-usgi.jpg1566315190-cap.jpg

Do you have any other pictures of the boots? It's kind of hard to ID from just that one picture. Specifically, a good shot of the sole, the tread pattern can often be very useful for IDing a boot. A good side view of both the left and right sides of the boot would also help a lot.

The cap could be just about any types of cap, it's a very generic design with nothing that really stands out. From what I can tell, it looks like a commercial reproduction of a US Army patrol cap with an adjustment strap in the back.

• Like 2

I already did some research and I already found this kind of announcement with similar caps.
But, there is always a different criterion. Here the clamping system

It is necessary: tightening with elastic, two ventilation holes on the side, long visor, black color.

Can be a "legionnaire" version

1566331888-1.png

1566331894-video-stargate-universe-episo

For shoes very difficult to have good quality pictures.

it is possible that it is: 5.11

1566332017-inconu.png

The  brass metal breath holes indicates it is a commercial hat and not military. The boots look to be worn with the Marine Marpat camo. and the Corps has its own boot with the Eagle,Globe and Anchor on the heel. However, based on the design it might be Belleville

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eric Voiers said:

The  brass metal breath holes indicates it is a commercial hat and not military. The boots look to be worn with the Marine Marpat camo. and the Corps has its own boot with the Eagle,Globe and Anchor on the heel. However, based on the design it might be Belleville

The boot is definitely not an issue or authorized MARPAT boot, all authorized MARPAT boots have a very standar combat boot look while this one looks more tactical boot like. There are a few distinct details that will help ID this boot. I've gone and highlighted/circled parts of interest that stand out to me. One is the leather that hold the eyelets for the laces don't go all the way down to the sole. There are no drainage/vent holes on the sides.  The leather on the lower side goes up kind of high with no exposed nylon on the lower sides of the boot. Lastly, the outsoles have a distinct pattern and the tread pattern doesn't seem that aggressive either, no lugs along the outsole. Lastly, there's an eyelet (regular type as opposed to a speed lace type) at the end of the instep notch.

1566315184-boots-usgi.jpg.9132f3f938027e1e966965b99e3f6f56.jpg

This boot seems like a close match, but I can't say for certain whether it is or not because I can only get 1 view of it.

1674483855_Dannerboot.png.e83318d8e0d551b320f7f8dc12149351.png

Here it is on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Danner-Tanicus-Tactical-Waterproof-Desert/dp/B00W26ZWFI/ref=sr_1_45?crid=2V4V4VROU6SQI&keywords=desert+tactical+boots&qid=1566444726&s=gateway&sprefix=dessert+tactical+boots%2Caps%2C206&sr=8-45

Here's a look at the other side of the boot.

55317_M.thumb.jpg.c93945111b36df246384f7587cfd0f61.jpg

• Like 2

The hat is definitely a commercial hat since, with the exception of US Navy ball caps, no US issued military cover has an opening in the back since the old ball cap styled covers from around the Vietnam war. The two things to look for on the cap are the eyelets on the sides and the elastic adjustment band on the back. I think the elastic on the back is going to be the thing that IDs this hat since I haven't seen any hats in this style with that type of adjustment method in the back, eyelets on the side are common enough, but elastic cords in the back are definitely unique.

About the boot, Phil definitively has something.

It seemed to me too they were 5.11, they might have had a similar model in the past.

For the cap, still in the past tense, I found cheap cap that were very close, and under 10€ (I said they were cheap ^^) at local surpluses and on websites.

Oh yes! Perfect, it also seems that the shoes match.
Thank you Riceball!

For the cap: I had found some time ago models with elastic tightening.
Brand: ATLANTIS
https://www.rockagogo.com/casquette-atlantis-cap-urban-techno-flap-urb49 
But in winter version with padding, and short visor

This brand offers on its website several models of the same kind, but not yet the one that one seeks

• Like 2

When I was working with the Marines in Iraq I had the chance to buy a pair of the Marine boots for $40.00 new, but I was not thinking about new boots at the time

• Like 1

Salut

After verifications on images it is not about the danner tanicus

There seem to be 2 different shoes

For information: I have definitely identified the model on the promo photos : Altama TFX Rough out hot [26014]