Sign in to follow this  
Walkingstranger

Airsoft P-90 Magazine Upgrade

Been talking with Eric about his Airsoft P-90 and offered to upgraded his magazines with a paper insert. Figured I'd share and make a tutorial at the same time. 

It's pretty easy project.  All that is require is a screwdriver and a pair of scissors.

QsuRYZ8.jpg

First, download and print the insert PDF   P-90-Magazine-Insert.pdf

Then begin removing the screws, six to start.  I've never found a magazine that doesn't follow the same screw layout. 

fP3IzJg.jpg

Once removed, you'll have to separate the end cap by pressing in and sliding the cap off, which will release spring that will slide out.

H81qqhl.jpg

Now that the screws and the cap are removed, you will be able to separate the two sections of the magazine.  Inside you'll find another set of screws on the storage for the BB's that will need remove.

BOXcjz8.jpg

Once removed, you'll have to cut out the insert, fold, and trim as needed.  The insert will simply lay inside and be held in place by the BB storage. 

lMXXiHW.jpg

Then begin reassembling and once complete, you'll have an upgraded magazine.  Keeping in mind that the tint of the plastic and printer quality will greatly effect just how visible the insert will be. 

WmMmR4x.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

this is a cool idea.  Honestly, I don't know how many times I've been hassled by a weapon check guy for using one of those mags with the plastic bullets in it.  This might just look fake enough to be obvious to them without ruining the immersion of the prop.

A little glue and you could even keep the follower spring in it.

Edited by CaptHunt
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 4:37 PM, Eric Voiers said:

OH WELL:( My P-90 magazine is totally different from the ones above. It is solid black. I have the template printed in GOOD COLOR but NO JOY

There's 2 things that you can do to still use this mod.

The simplest would be to take the printout and glue it to the top of your mag and call it a day. For extra realism, you could mod the printout in Photoshop so that it looks it's sitting under a piece of smoke colored plastic or get a thin piece of translucent plastic and glue it over the print out.

Alternately, could cut the top off your mag and and a shelf set down a little with the printout glued to it and add a new translucent top to the mag or just simply glue the printout to the  new translucent piece of plastic.