Dan_Slack_SG23

SG23 UK Uniform/Cosplay Ideas.

This is a place were SG-23 members (and other SG-teams) can chat about and share what they think a SG-23 UK team Uniform/Cosplay might look like. Iv got and cosplayed a few versions of what i think would look good. Feel Free. Also feelfree to share any SG cosplay pages or and SG pages you have in the Tags part of this Topic. Dan Slack SG-23.  

• Like 1

This is a great start Dan, where were the pics taken?

Are there any problems here in the U.K. relating to taking 'Holster fillers' into events?

2 hours ago, Eightball said:

This is a great start Dan, where were the pics taken?

Are there any problems here in the U.K. relating to taking 'Holster fillers' into events?

Thanks. top one,,at a small con in south manchester. the other at showmaster manchester film and comic con 2016.   iv only had 1 doorman at 1 con check my holster gun and 1 or 2 look at my plastic P90.. and no problems..but they are colour tipped..and my G36..tipped. but thats just me..   

"Holster Filler" is a good term. I have been to some events in local malls were guys and gals with P90s, pistols, etc. were given grief over the items but NEVER touched my ZAT. But at big cons I think they would tag a banana if it were holstered. 

• Like 2

2017 to 2018.. SG23 Mark 2 was British MTP Pants and Shirt , with Osprey MK4 Body armour/tac-vest thing..some pouches.  Commander Pouch SA80 Rifle. MTP hat. 

SG23 Mark 3 was  A WARRIOR DCS PLATE CARRIER. pouches off my Osprey MK4. MTP shirt and pants and hat. Warrior gloves..L119A1 Rifle (or the closest thing i could find) C8 Carbine Canada name. can not recall the model of the plastic BB shooter now..sorry. Got a BRITISH ARMY UBACS SHIRT MTP too for future SG23 cosplays..used that at Halloween 2018. 

Working on Mark 4.. for 2019 Cal Mah.  I also put my SG23 on my normal team jackets too.

23213438_10159509349670285_281808760511096344_o.jpg

23334023_10159509348520285_7046599860307233951_o.jpg

28424532_10160048955740285_690504866230887356_o.jpg

28424741_10160048998555285_8889523737056361869_o.jpg

• Like 2

I am a fan of Helikon products which seem to be available only in England and Europe.( Helikons Polish Desert Camo is the closest to USCM camo. that I have found) Propper and Tru-Spec are good but they changed their production methods for rip-stop and with the added nylon the BDU's have a sort of "sheen" to them. Rothco does not impress me and Voodoo Tactical makes some nice stuff.

2 hours ago, Eric Voiers said:

I am a fan of Helikon products which seem to be available only in England and Europe.( Helikons Polish Desert Camo is the closest to USCM camo. that I have found) Propper and Tru-Spec are good but they changed their production methods for rip-stop and with the added nylon the BDU's have a sort of "sheen" to them. Rothco does not impress me and Voodoo Tactical makes some nice stuff.

I use Helikon for my SGA cosplay.. a "Pegasus Marine".. i call it. Gray think its a CPU pants and shirt. A SGA-PM is a general Marine posted anywhere in a SGC bace, site or ship in Pegasus. and helikon for my green SG1/SG23 pants. only good pic i have. Birmingham 2017 i think..

FB_IMG_1499187637921.jpg

• Like 2

As the Team alien, (that isn' as odd as it sounds)

I was thinking, perhaps getting sg-23 as.. a pendant or something, the goa'uld were big on jewellery and i'm sure a few of the tok'ra wore pieces.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heronweather said:

I was thinking, perhaps getting sg-23 as.. a pendant or something, the goa'uld were big on jewellery and i'm sure a few of the tok'ra wore pieces.

Yes, that would be a good idea and in character.

12 hours ago, Heronweather said:

i second that,, cool idea.. i got my SG23 patches from Ebay...and/so would not know anywere you could get one or get one made.. id love to see it

3 hours ago, Dan_Slack_SG23 said:

i second that,, cool idea.. i got my SG23 patches from Ebay...and/so would not know anywere you could get one or get one made.. id love to see it

if you could gimme a scan of the patch. I know a few people who make jewellery. 

• Like 1

You know, if you guys can find someone willing/able to make custom jackets (or if Stitch starts offering them again) and can get your hands on MTP fabric, you should get a WEP made in MTP. Sort of like this.

1950490402_JacketMTP_zpsa4trmfkj(1).thumb.JPG.dab74dec92caf116446552f5f4a8a258.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Riceball said:

You know, if you guys can find someone willing/able to make custom jackets (or if Stitch starts offering them again) and can get your hands on MTP fabric, you should get a WEP made in MTP. Sort of like this.

1950490402_JacketMTP_zpsa4trmfkj(1).thumb.JPG.dab74dec92caf116446552f5f4a8a258.JPG

seen that before, its cool.. is that British MTP? i know there is a British and another MTP.  not sure why i decided against that now...

Yes, it's British MTP (I did a whole bunch of jacket mockups in different camo patterns), as far as I know the only MTP is British, everybody has their own name for their own particular variant of Mulitcam. The US Army has OCP which is actually a precursor design to Multicam, the Aussies are using AUSPAT or AUSCAM (forget which), Canada uses their own pattern, and the Germans are moving over to a Multicam like pattern but I believe one of their own design based on Flektarn but using Multicam colors.

On 4/17/2019 at 10:50 PM, Riceball said:

Yes, it's British MTP (I did a whole bunch of jacket mockups in different camo patterns), as far as I know the only MTP is British, everybody has their own name for their own particular variant of Mulitcam. The US Army has OCP which is actually a precursor design to Multicam, the Aussies are using AUSPAT or AUSCAM (forget which), Canada uses their own pattern, and the Germans are moving over to a Multicam like pattern but I believe one of their own design based on Flektarn but using Multicam colors.

did not quite look like it, but yep i see it. i think i saw the mockups on something..maybe SG-C back in the day or..somewere anyway.    the DMP looks cool too

3 minutes ago, Dan_Slack_SG23 said:

Sid not quite look like it, but yep i see it. i think i saw the mockups on something..maybe SG-C back in the day or..somewere anyway.    the DMP looks cool too

Yeah, I posted a ton of them back in the original SG-C days. I did just about every camo pattern out there that I could find a decent enough swatch for.

• Like 1

What do you guys think about the team if in a beret using the united nations blue one? Had a friend just say multi national teams would badge up as home country but beret up as UN. I actually recall this years ago in the forces but as peacekeepers. 

2 hours ago, CityFox said:

What do you guys think about the team if in a beret using the united nations blue one? Had a friend just say multi national teams would badge up as home country but beret up as UN. I actually recall this years ago in the forces but as peacekeepers. 

I would not wear a beret as I prefer baseball caps.

19 hours ago, Eightball said:

I would not wear a beret as I prefer baseball caps.

Sorry I dont think I made that clear, if through choice the team chose to wear a beret what do people think of a UN one or stick to units. 

On 6/19/2019 at 9:36 AM, CityFox said:

Sorry I dont think I made that clear, if through choice the team chose to wear a beret what do people think of a UN one or stick to units. 

I'd think that since the team would be a joint operation from multiple branches of service but still a MoD operation I think that it would make the most sense for the members to wear their branch berets with their regimental crests on them. A UN patch wouldn't make much sense since the SGC isn't an UN operation of any kind and while some smaller countries may join the SGC via the UN, I don't see the UK doing this.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Riceball said:

I'd think that since the team would be a joint operation from multiple branches of service but still a MoD operation I think that it would make the most sense for the members to wear their branch berets with their regimental crests on them. A UN patch wouldn't make much sense since the SGC isn't an UN operation of any kind and while some smaller countries may join the SGC via the UN, I don't see the UK doing this.

If done, I think it would be better done with a standard beret colour as in RM's or Para's with a SG patch on it. Definatly not U.N.

• Like 1