Sign in to follow this  
Walkingstranger

Guide to making Inexpensive version of the Offworld Backpack

Given how hard it is to locate the proper BK Streamline backpack... what have you, or your group, been using for a backpack with your SG loadout?

I altered a few Jan Sport backpacks that I found on ebay for $5 a piece.

EHF8Ha0.jpg

The backpack has no liner, and exposed seam inside, which is easily reachable when turned inside out.  I just removed the shoulder straps, then resewed the seam closed.  Sewed down a bit if nylon 1" strapping on the back, with a slide lock and the matching buckle to my vest. 

v7dvvB7.jpg

Using the already attacked 1" strap used to adjust the shoulder straps, at the bottom of the back.  I used another slide lock, quick released buckle, and a piece of 1" nylon strap looped, with velcro sewn on for each side.  Which gives a attach point to my pistol belt. 

UGE0WEj.jpgqZ1ngVg.jpg

Then attached a canteen and mag pouch, which was honestly the hardest part of the whole project.  While not screen accurate, I find it serviceable.

exsdt9f.jpgeeSEfcy.jpgR93FTYI.jpg

Whole project cost me $30.

Backpack - $5

Buckles/Slide Lock - $5

Canteen - $10

Mag Pouch - $10

Edited by Honcho
For formating and clarity

Not bad, although I think that a small ALICE pack looks more like the old Blackhawks. At any rate, if anyone is looking for something that looks just like the old Blackhawk I recommend contacting Bra'Zat, he's looking at making replica Blackhawk Streamline packs. Hopefully he'll post something on the site about this project.

6 hours ago, Riceball said:

At any rate, if anyone is looking for something that looks just like the old Blackhawk I recommend contacting Bra'Zat, he's looking at making replica Blackhawk Streamline packs. Hopefully he'll post something on the site about this project.

Already ahead of you 🙂  Working out payment details right now for his listing in the BX and really looking forward to getting one.

• Like 1

I would always try to use friction clips and proper sized tri-glides though, webbing will not shift on you as much!

What I have to do to get you to burn that EARTH patch? LOL😎

IMG_4001.JPG

On 4/26/2019 at 6:25 PM, Walkingstranger said:
On 4/28/2019 at 8:21 PM, Eric Voiers said:

Don't you mean the Pegasus patch? LOL

No I mean the EARTH Patch! LOL

Burn.jpg

Edited by StitchsLoft
  • Haha 2

I usually aim for cheap and small enough to walk around with all day, rather then authenticity with my pack.

The pack I've used with my OD kit the last couple of years is a chinese knockoff of a BH! 3 day assault pack that I found on EBay for $10.  Despite the cheap materials and construction, it's held up pretty well, and has enough room to carry my P90 and any other gear I can't wear outside of the convention, as well as any swag I buy while I'm there.    It also had some handy loops I could attach the buckles to.

IMG_0179.thumb.JPG.efad633bb42a823a420945cd120fe9f3.JPG

With my desert kit, I use a Coyote MOLLE assault pack from Highland Tactical, that I found at ROSS for $20.  This one was slightly less easy to modify for the buckles, but I managed to make it work, and it's also just big enough to fit my P90 and stuff.

Highland-Tactical-Armour-Heavy-Duty-Tactical-Backpack-3a0e6535-c7ca-4f6a-9c9d-31030ce59ade.thumb.jpg.5a01d978233376ebbf1b73e96bfa3cef.jpg

It's funny how often people ask me where I got a bag that clipped to my vest at shows.

• Like 2