Sign in to follow this  
Joe7thOVC

Zat gun prop

I remember someone talking about a foam zat prop that could open and close but haven’t had any luck finding the post here or on the Facebook page. Any help? 

I have seen things on YouTube. I think most are either individual builds or kits. I always thought it would have been AWESOME if Art Asylum/ Diamond Select built one for general sales

Edited by Eric Voiers
  • Like 1

That is Brian Capri who makes foam zats which can be stretched to an open or closed position. He sells them on ebay (here's the listing). Good guy, makes nice stuff.

The electronic working zat on youtube is my prototype. I have the original master shells, studio molds, and other production materials that were used to make the working zats for the show. I'll make them available if I can get passed some logistical hurdles.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2019 at 6:56 PM, Eric Voiers said:

I have seen things on YouTube. I think most are either individual builds or kits. I always thought it would have been AWESOME if Art Asylum/ Diamond Select built one for general sales

Yeah, I'm surprised that no one has tried to make a (nice) toy grade working zat. Something made from injection molded plastic, basic paint job, and a motor inside; that should be something that could be done for relatively cheap so long as MGM doesn't charge a ridiculous amount for licensing right and thus be sold for a fairly low price point. If they could make it to where they could make money selling it for around $75 - $100 they could make money hand over fist because that would be right at the price point that most Stargate fans could either afford it or be willing to save a bit to get.

• Like 3