Honcho

SG-23 Team Membership Roster

20 minutes ago, Dan_Slack_SG23 said:

I know the admins look after and regulate the site, but what do the Team Leaders do?  im clueless with some forum stuff like that lol

As am I Dan. If someone who is more active would like to take over this role I would be happy to stand down.

As TL, it's your job to apply for fan tables at local cons and get people to man them. Of, course, you can delegate this task to others as you see fit. You can also organize get togethers for your team, at least for those in your local area. And if there are other events in where SG costumers would be welcome, like charitable events, it would the TL's job to get people for it. It's not a whole lot of work and like I said earlier, you don't necessarily need to handle it all personally, you can designate someone to be on the look out for cons and other events and let you know that they might be good for the team to go to and represent SG-Command at.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, impearse said:

Just an update, my location is Ashford,  in Middlesex.

I am just down the road in Ascot, Berkshire. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riceball said:

As TL, it's your job to apply for fan tables at local cons and get people to man them. Of, course, you can delegate this task to others as you see fit. You can also organize get togethers for your team, at least for those in your local area. And if there are other events in where SG costumers would be welcome, like charitable events, it would the TL's job to get people for it. It's not a whole lot of work and like I said earlier, you don't necessarily need to handle it all personally, you can designate someone to be on the look out for cons and other events and let you know that they might be good for the team to go to and represent SG-Command at.

Thanks Riceball.. that clears things up abit. The organising get together s for your team(s) at cons and at other events in where SG costumers would be welcome, like charitable events, and looking out for/ informing our team(s) about cons that actors are at and representing SG makes sence. I sort of half do that anyway on other media were i know SG-fans.

I think wen SG-23 reaches 8+ Team Members, id like to put myself forward for Assistant Team Leader if that,s ok?  

8 hours ago, Dan_Slack_SG23 said:

Thanks Riceball.. that clears things up abit. The organising get together s for your team(s) at cons and at other events in where SG costumers would be welcome, like charitable events, and looking out for/ informing our team(s) about cons that actors are at and representing SG makes sence. I sort of half do that anyway on other media were i know SG-fans.

I think wen SG-23 reaches 8+ Team Members, id like to put myself forward for Assistant Team Leader if that,s ok?  

Dan, thank you for offering to take up the role of Assistant Team Leader. 

I would like to stand down from the Team Leader Role.

I am posting here rather than Pm's so that we can all see and take part in the discussion.

I am shown as Team Leader, by the fact that I came and registered us as SG-23.

I am not very good at organising things and I am not active at cons etc, although in the future I may go to one or two.

Would someone like to step up for the role of:

1. Team Leader.

2. Assistant Team Leader.

4 hours ago, Eightball said:

Dan, thank you for offering to take up the role of Assistant Team Leader. 

I would like to stand down from the Team Leader Role.

I am posting here rather than Pm's so that we can all see and take part in the discussion.

I am shown as Team Leader, by the fact that I came and registered us as SG-23.

I am not very good at organising things and I am not active at cons etc, although in the future I may go to one or two.

Would someone like to step up for the role of:

1. Team Leader.

2. Assistant Team Leader.

Hi, Steve. If you want to you are free too.. im not good at organising things ether....lol..well i might be ok at some of it. this year im only attending 2 cons (so far) , Cal Mah in September and Wales Comic Con end of April..both having SG actors going.

If Team Leader is open then i will have a go at that. If i can. It would be a good idea to have an Assistant  TL too, seen as the team is growing.  

5 minutes ago, Dan_Slack_SG23 said:

Hi, Steve. If you want to you are free too.. im not good at organising things ether....lol..well i might be ok at some of it. this year im only attending 2 cons (so far) , Cal Mah in September and Wales Comic Con end of April..both having SG actors going.

If Team Leader is open then i will have a go at that. If i can. It would be a good idea to have an Assistant  TL too, seen as the team is growing.  

Thank you Dan that would be great if you are willing to take on the TL role.

Is anyone up for Assistant TL?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riceball said:

At the rate you guys are growing, we're going to have to start subdividing up the UK into separate teams.

wats the number limit on a team then?

5 minutes ago, Dan_Slack_SG23 said:

What's the number limit on a team then?

Canonically, I'm not sure. As far as we're concerned, up to 99, theoretically.

When teams get big enough for more localized groups to form up, we form them up as Detachments.   So lets say you get a group of 4 folks in Scotland, and the rest are spread throughout the rest of the UK, the group in Scotland could be formed up as a Detachment of SG-23.  The main unit would be Detachment Alpha, the second subgroup in this example the Scotland group, they would be Detachment Bravo or known as SG-23B, the next subgroup would be Detachment Charlie, then Delta, then Echo, etc...  All members would still use their SG-23 Team patch.

Canonically, SG-25 is the largest Team number used on the show.

10 hours ago, Honcho said:

When teams get big enough for more localized groups to form up, we form them up as Detachments.   So lets say you get a group of 4 folks in Scotland, and the rest are spread throughout the rest of the UK, the group in Scotland could be formed up as a Detachment of SG-23.  The main unit would be Detachment Alpha, the second subgroup in this example the Scotland group, they would be Detachment Bravo or known as SG-23B, the next subgroup would be Detachment Charlie, then Delta, then Echo, etc...  All members would still use their SG-23 Team patch.

Canonically, SG-25 is the largest Team number used on the show.

thanks.. thats good info and will clear things up in the future i feel.. thanks..

Hi everyone,

I am Kevin, originally from Switzerland, but have been living in Cumbria, UK (obviously) for the past 13 years.

I watched the original Stargate when it got released waaaayyyyy back when I was younger and also SG-1 for a few seasons in the 90s.

I only recently re-discovered it and been hooked again.

I have done a few cons in UK and Germany, usually cosplay as Star Trek (sorry) but will do more Stagate now, with Wales this week my first outing as SG-1 member together with my wife.

Thanks to Cathy, who first mentioned this forum, and Dan for reminding me after I forgot all about it again...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boss said:

Hi everyone,

I am Kevin, originally from Switzerland, but have been living in Cumbria, UK (obviously) for the past 13 years.

I watched the original Stargate when it got released waaaayyyyy back when I was younger and also SG-1 for a few seasons in the 90s.

I only recently re-discovered it and been hooked again.

I have done a few cons in UK and Germany, usually cosplay as Star Trek (sorry) but will do more Stagate now, with Wales this week my first outing as SG-1 member together with my wife.

Thanks to Cathy, who first mentioned this forum, and Dan for reminding me after I forgot all about it again...

Hi Kevin, welcome to SG-23. Will find you on Sunday at Wales. go and say hello on the New Members park on the main forum page too.. so the top dogs can say hi too.   + ull get put on the list on page one too    SG-23TL

Hi Campers,

names Jacky. I am originally from Germany but live for about 13 years here in the UK (Cumbria). Watched a few episodes of Stargate SG1 when i was younger and like Kevin said recently discovered it new (yeah he is my husband). Never done cosplay before so in Wales will be the first time. looking forward to meeting you guys... 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jack(s) said:

Hi Campers,

names Jacky. I am originally from Germany but live for about 13 years here in the UK (Cumbria). Watched a few episodes of Stargate SG1 when i was younger and like Kevin said recently discovered it new (yeah he is my husband). Never done cosplay before so in Wales will be the first time. looking forward to meeting you guys... 

Welcome to SG-23 Jacky. Going to be cool meeting you at Wales. Say hello on the "New Member" part of the main Forum page too.. so dan K and admin can say hi. SG-23TL

Greetings from sunny Scotland. 😃

I'm Ronnie, AKA The Creeping Spleen.  Been a fan of Stargate since day one.

Member of informal Scottish SG team SG-999.  Which was formed in late 1999, in the bar of the Thistle Hotel (now the Hilton Doubletrees) in Glasgow, during a lull in that year's Scottish Star Trek con.  Being the only bald guy on the team, I soon got roped into being a Jaffa  - Bru'Tak by name.

In universe, SG-999 (AKA The Gatecrashers) are the SGC's dedicated combat search and rescue unit.  Providing medical aid, technical assistance, and heavy weapons fire support for the SG team in danger on a hostile planet.

In reality, our plan was to put together an all-in-one package of first aid cover and event security to sci-fi and fantasy conventions in central Scotland.

Unfortunately for us, the Scottish convention scene collapsed in early 2002, just as we were about to launch.

This is us at the Wolf Events "Shanks & Judge" mini-con in Glasgow.  I'm the one with the Staff Weapon to Chris Judge's left.

SG-999-Shanksandjudge.JPG

• Like 1

Great going SG-23, you are up to 10 members!  You are officially the largest SG-Team in the World to date!   You definitely will need an ATL.  How you decide to pick the ATL is up to the Team Leader.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Creeping Spleen said:

Greetings from sunny Scotland. 😃

I'm Ronnie, AKA The Creeping Spleen.  Been a fan of Stargate since day one.

Member of informal Scottish SG team SG-999.  Which was formed in late 1999, in the bar of the Thistle Hotel (now the Hilton Doubletrees) in Glasgow, during a lull in that year's Scottish Star Trek con.  Being the only bald guy on the team, I soon got roped into being a Jaffa  - Bru'Tak by name.

In universe, SG-999 (AKA The Gatecrashers) are the SGC's dedicated combat search and rescue unit.  Providing medical aid, technical assistance, and heavy weapons fire support for the SG team in danger on a hostile planet.

In reality, our plan was to put together an all-in-one package of first aid cover and event security to sci-fi and fantasy conventions in central Scotland.

Unfortunately for us, the Scottish convention scene collapsed in early 2002, just as we were about to launch.

This is us at the Wolf Events "Shanks & Judge" mini-con in Glasgow.  I'm the one with the Staff Weapon to Chris Judge's left.

SG-999-Shanksandjudge.JPG

need to check my emails quicker.lol. ur here cool. thanks for the SG-999 back-ground. very cool idea and story.  welcome to SG-23 do you know @Dan Gillespie ?

59 minutes ago, Honcho said:

Great going SG-23, you are up to 10 members!  You are officially the largest SG-Team in the World to date!   You definitely will need an ATL.  How you decide to pick the ATL is up to the Team Leader.

Good point.. forgot about that. i will sort that out after WCC this weekend.. Open to offers.. SG-23TL