Honcho

SG-23 Team Membership Roster

10 hours ago, Dan_Slack_SG23 said:

need to check my emails quicker.lol. ur here cool. thanks for the SG-999 back-ground. very cool idea and story.  welcome to SG-23 do you know @Dan Gillespie ?

The name's not familiar, sorry.

We might have bumped into each other at a con back in the day though.

2 hours ago, The Creeping Spleen said:

The name's not familiar, sorry.

We might have bumped into each other at a con back in the day though.

i only met him maybe 2015 2016..at Wales Con i thinkk.. he does  loads of cons...  ull prop bump again. Scotland too so thought id ask.

I can't afford to go to many cons these days.

My one major "Away from home and staying in a hotel" type con is Edinburgh Comic Con in early April.

Other than that, there's Glasgow Comic Con at the end of June, Film & Comic Con Glasgow in mid-August, MCM Scotland in September (which is a maybe at this point in time), plus a couple of local-ish one day mini cons here and there.

Haven't worn my SG gear in quite a while.  These days if I cosplay, I'm either a sort of Battlestar Galactica/WWII pilot mashup, or my own take on a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

56314660_2186978881384302_5540564982149677056_n.jpg

22555511_10208639655343486_7527857162328154707_o.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Creeping Spleen said:

I can't afford to go to many cons these days.

My one major "Away from home and staying in a hotel" type con is Edinburgh Comic Con in early April.

Other than that, there's Glasgow Comic Con at the end of June, Film & Comic Con Glasgow in mid-August, MCM Scotland in September (which is a maybe at this point in time), plus a couple of local-ish one day mini cons here and there.

Haven't worn my SG gear in quite a while.  These days if I cosplay, I'm either a sort of Battlestar Galactica/WWII pilot mashup, or my own take on a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

56314660_2186978881384302_5540564982149677056_n.jpg

22555511_10208639655343486_7527857162328154707_o.jpg

love the cosplays and pics.  last year and this year for me are light on cons too.. just two each year .  glad your here, love new people with a winder range of knowledge of othere cosplays and mash them up..shows real love for it. 

• Like 1

Cheers mate.

This is the artwork on the back of my flying jacket.  It's based on a piece of artwork that belonged to my late father.

He served in the Merchant Navy during WWII, aboard something called a "Mac Ship" - a Merchant Aircraft Carrier.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about it as my father never really spoke about his war service in any great detail.

35079100_542583042802480_8046166958955036672_n.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Creeping Spleen said:

Cheers mate.

This is the artwork on the back of my flying jacket.  It's based on a piece of artwork that belonged to my late father.

He served in the Merchant Navy during WWII, aboard something called a "Mac Ship" - a Merchant Aircraft Carrier.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about it as my father never really spoke about his war service in any great detail.

35079100_542583042802480_8046166958955036672_n.jpg

Thats cool.. nice art work too.. i think alot of people dont talk about stuff like that.. paying a price for freedom that we will never know.   

• Like 1

Hi All, 

What's the requirement for joining SG-23?

I started doing SG1 costuming last year but I've been a Stargate fan since I first rented the movie on VHS so many moons ago lol I'm based in Northern Ireland but I tend do alot of the Conventions in the Republic of Ireland 

• Like 2

On 5/25/2019 at 2:29 PM, Berisha said:

Hi All, 

What's the requirement for joining SG-23?

I started doing SG1 costuming last year but I've been a Stargate fan since I first rented the movie on VHS so many moons ago lol I'm based in Northern Ireland but I tend do alot of the Conventions in the Republic of Ireland 

Hi. all you need to do is join SG command.. like you already have and say hello on this part ..like you have lol..   Welcome to SG-23. you are the first from N.I.  Make sure you have said hello on the mate NEW MEMBER forum, so the main guys know you and dan Kim can add you to the SG23  list. would love to see some Costume pics.  

7 hours ago, Dan_Slack_SG23 said:

Hi. all you need to do is join SG command.. like you already have and say hello on this part ..like you have lol..   Welcome to SG-23. you are the first from N.I.  Make sure you have said hello on the mate NEW MEMBER forum, so the main guys know you and dan Kim can add you to the SG23  list. would love to see some Costume pics.  

Welcome to the forum and if you are interested follow Dan's suggestion. You would be very welcome on the SG-23 team.

Edited by Eightball
  • Like 1

Sweet pics. looking good.. whats the green jacket? it looks awesome with the kit.. i know green always does but looks like a nice BDU or..CPU or,, anyway looks cool. 

1 hour ago, Dan_Slack_SG23 said:

Sweet pics. looking good.. whats the green jacket? it looks awesome with the kit.. i know green always does but looks like a nice BDU or..CPU or,, anyway looks cool. 

Its a Helikon CPU Shirt bought, I had bought Helikon trousers and a different jacket but the greens didn't match exactly which bugged the hell out of me lol 

• Like 1

Berisha, if you would like to pm me your details, I will send you a SG-23 shoulder patch.

Edited by Eightball

11 hours ago, Berisha said:

Its a Helikon CPU Shirt bought, I had bought Helikon trousers and a different jacket but the greens didn't match exactly which bugged the hell out of me lol 

should of know it was Helikon.. use them myself. use SFU Oliv Drab for my SG-green pants.. they match the jacket iv got. Im the same with having..needing to match greens .. lol.. And u use helikon Shadow Gry CUP jacket n pants for a SGA Pegasus Marine (something i made up) i do.  

6 hours ago, Dan_Slack_SG23 said:

should of know it was Helikon.. use them myself. use SFU Oliv Drab for my SG-green pants.. they match the jacket iv got. Im the same with having..needing to match greens .. lol.. And u use helikon Shadow Gry CUP jacket n pants for a SGA Pegasus Marine (something i made up) i do.  

Yeah if I think the green doesn't match it'll throw me off, I'm doing SGA Sheppards black bdu and just ordered the exact same brand so I don't get the same issues. SGA Pegasus Marine sounds cool 😎 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berisha said:

Yeah if I think the green doesn't match it'll throw me off, I'm doing SGA Sheppards black bdu and just ordered the exact same brand so I don't get the same issues. SGA Pegasus Marine sounds cool 😎 

im the same lol.. cool.. we need more sheppards in cosplay. A Pegasus Marines are personal who are stationed at a SG base or on a ship who help protect it.  

FB_IMG_1499187637921.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dan_Slack_SG23 said:

im the same lol.. cool.. we need more sheppards in cosplay. A Pegasus Marines are personal who are stationed at a SG base or on a ship who help protect it.  

FB_IMG_1499187637921.jpg

Looks awesome mate 👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Berisha said:

This little piece of awesomeness arrived today 😎 

Thanks @Eightball for sending it 

sketch-1559761501724.png

Cool.. got it safe then.. he is awesome. SG-23 stick together . Welcome to the front line of SG-23.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad to join you guys on the front line  😁

22 minutes ago, Dan_Slack_SG23 said:

Cool.. got it safe then.. he is awesome. SG-23 stick together . Welcome to the front line of SG-23.

Hello SG23!

I joined SG Command at the beginning of October, but didn’t get around to introducing myself here, sorry for the delay.

I’m working on my offworld uniform, so far got my BDU trousers, jacket and a vest that will work. Once I get a chance I’ll try and get some pics up, if I don’t break the camera lens 😉 

Mark

• Like 1